On December 15, 1887, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Alumni Association, then called the Alumni Association of the Revenue Cutter Service, was organized in Washington, D.C.
Over the years the association has grown in size and scope, shifting
from a “marching and chowder society” of old grads to a professional
organization that provides “margin of excellence” funds to the Academy,
while offering a myriad of services and programs to its more than 6,900
Throughout 2013 the Alumni Association celebrated and honored its 125 years of history.